Friday, April 20, 2012

Making Genealogy Memories

I haven't been blogging often for the past month or so because I have been participating in the genealogy of the future.  By being part of my grandchildren's lives and activities, I am helping to create the memories I hope they will record in the future.

When they remember the years that they were in band contest, I want them to remember I was there helping whether by providing moral support or by working in the hospitality room serving lunch to the contest judges.
They will hopefully remember that I was there for Scouting events and as they received their sacraments.

I also want to be an example of volunteerism continuing the legacy of volunteering in our families.  There are many ways to serve the community we live in and I want them to follow in the footsteps of their ancestors.


2 comments:

  1. A good choice you have made too! I wish my grandchildren lived nearby but they are 3 hours away so I don't get to see them as much as I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! We were lucky enough to be able to visit them often when they lived in Germany and establish a close relationship. Now I live with them and can be a big part of their lives. I am very lucky!

    ReplyDelete