Tuesday, November 8, 2011

N2A - Nook to Android Tech Tuesday

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I was thinking of turning my Nook Color into an android tablet computer.  I was originally inspired by articles by Dick Eastman about the possibilities.  After doing some research, I decided to order a N2A card that could be inserted into the Nook and do the work for me.

The cards are available in 8, 16, and 32 gb sizes.  I ordered the 16GB size and prepared to wait patiently.  The card arrived in about 3 days and I followed the instructions and very soon I was holding a tablet computer in my hand.  I did have a few issues with downloading apps but they were quickly resolved by checking the N2A website tutorials.

The best thing about using this card it that when the card is removed, the Nook returns to its original state.  My new tablet does not have a camera but my phone does.  It cost me about $50.00 to turn my Nook Color into a tablet computer.  Today, I got an e-mail from Barnes & Nobel that the "new" Nook Color is a tablet already and sells for $249.00.  Go figure!  I got a tablet for about $300.00 and I'm happy with it.

I am currently beta testing Family Tree Maker for android and also have Families (android version of Legacy Family Tree) on my tablet and I love having my genealogy files with me anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment