Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Geneablogers Tech Tuesday - Toys To Play With

Technology is advancing so rapidly it's difficult to keep up with the advances.  More and more I am using new ways to back-up, save, and share my information.  Cloud computing is a major factor in preserving my files.
Dropbox not only allows me to share large files with others, it also stores my files in the cloud so they can be retrieved from any computer.  Picassa organizes and stores my pictures on the web and allows for sharing via invitation.  MOZY automatically makes back-ups of my files and stores them in the cloud.  All of these utilities are free and will protect my files in the event of a hard drive crash.  Soon we will not need huge internal hard drives as more and more data storage will be in the cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment